Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A relaxing Fiji Day

We all slept soundly after returning from the cruise. A couple of us still felt like we were on the boat, rockin and rollin but everyone adjusted back to land just fine. Dad got up bright and early and walked down to a market that we hadn't visited before. He hit the mother load. He came back with rolls and bread galore, pastrami and he even found some chorizo. Holla!


you can spy the swim up bar in the distance

We headed out to the pool today and staked our spots. Alyssa spent the morning with the kids club here at the resort and they fed fish and swam together. I spent my day camped out in the partial shade with my book. I'm just loving this book so its been really hard to tear me away from it (yea I know...not so hard to believe but still).We all worked on our tans, swam a bit and visited the swim up bar quite a few times throughout the day. We think the bartender at the swim up bar, Va, is pretty taken with Dad. She always asks where he is.


the kiddy pool...where Alyssa tried to pull my bathing suit bottoms off....cool.

We had lunch at the restaurant here on the resort property. The food was pretty good. Its mostly touristy food that they know Americans and Australians will buy but that works just fine for me. We stayed out there until I was sure that my skin was gonna burn off. Then we headed inside to freshen up before dinner, or in me and dad's case head to the computer room to catch up with the blog.


dinner on the patio

After our hard work at the keyboard (right...) we headed over to grandma's for cocktails. We sat on her back patio and watched the Fiji sunset. It really was beautiful. Every night around 6 pm, a guy runs around and lights all of the torches along the beach and around the resort. Then a group of Fijian men walk around with a guitar serenading all of the guests. It really is a great wait to end everyday.


The whole clan

After the serenade we started BBQing. There are several communal BBqs around the resort so we had decided that we would BBQ a feast for all of us. We BBQed the meat we had picked up at the meat market the previous day and the fish we bought at the wharf. We had corn, baked potatoes, rice, rolls and the chorizo. It was quite a feast and exceptionally delicious. Grandma still believes that no one ate better than us in the entire resort. We meandered back to our respective places and got ready for bed. Personally, my book was calling to me yet again so I spent a couple of hours reading. A perfect ending to a relaxing Fijian day!

Bula!

No comments:

Post a Comment